Jon Geldart

Jon Geldart
Aim high!

Wednesday 29 September 2010

Outperform in China

I spent last Friday in Shanghai delivering a morning seminar on leadership and branding at the Shanghai National Accounting Institute. Invited by the Institute as part of a month long course for high flying leaders in the finance world of China I was the last keynote speaker of their training.

It was both a pleasure and a real honour to be invited, both in my capacity as the marketing director of the organisation I work for, but also having been identified as an interesting individual worthy of presenting to this important group because of my like of places that are high and cold!

The gathering of 55 finance directors from some of the largest companies in China was respectful and engaged for almost 4 hours as I talked about the responsibilities of leadership in the outdoors and in the board room as well as playing a few 'games' with them to help cement some of my thoughts.

The feedback has been great and I now hear that they want me to go back at some stage to meet the senior officials in the Ministry of Finance! A great expereince!

No comments: