Jon Geldart

Jon Geldart
Aim high!

Sunday 1 August 2010

Planning for Island peak and Everest base camp

Just back from a hectic week in Chicago, Singapore and Kuala Lumpar! The work front severely hampered training this week so have had a strong gym session to make up for it today! The kit list has been checked for my son who is out on the Everest base Camp expedition from next Monday (9th August) He will be celebrating his 21st birthday in Katmandu before setting off with Mark from Snowball Expeditions and a team of 20 others to trek to base camp before returning in time for me to meet him as I set off from Katmandu on 27th.

The outdoors in certainly getting to be a family affair at present though I think the spell in the village in the Himalayas earlier this year gave him a taste for the high peaks in the region.

Kit list complete and a new set of crampons purchased today make me even more enthusiastic about the climb.

No comments: